Thursday 9 June 2016

Almost There!

This time tomorrow it will have started, a month of top class football (hopefully). There is nothing like an international tournament and even with the ridiculous decision to extend the competition to 24 nations, the excitement is rising.



I'm going to share my thoughts on the tournament on a daily basis - you lucky people! - as well as predict the score of each game. Those of you who followed by crystal ball gazing during the World Cup in Brazil will know I probably won't be troubling the bookies too much.

So, here's to some memorable football and breathtaking displays. I'll share my thoughts after the France match tomorrow but in the mean time here's a couple of things I think could happen in the next month...


  • England will actually be quite good (although not good enough)
  • Albania will surprise a lot of people and qualify from Group A
  • Spain, while nowhere near as bad as at the World Cup in Brazil, will not return to their glory days
  • Belgium will, once again, not live up to their hype
  • Portugal will prove that they are not a one man team (look out for the enigmatic Quaresma)




No comments:

Post a Comment